- The Harlan County Fiscal Court has contracted with Southern Health Partners to provide medical care for our inmate population.
- Southern Health Nursing professionals are here, on site (7) seven days a week, from 7am to 7pm. They are on call 24 hours a day. A Southern Health Doctor is on site every Tuesday but on call 24 hours a day.
- Inmates may request health care by submitting a simple Sick Call Request through the facility tablets or handwritten Form.
- Upon arrival, a new intake is Booked and given a medical assessment. Once ordered, it generally takes 2 days to receive the inmate’s prescriptions.
- The public may bring a new intake’s medicines to the facility 7 days a week, from 7am to 7pm. The prescriptions must be in their proper container and have a valid date.
- The public may call the facility at 606-837-0096 and request the Nurse to give medical staff an inmate's medical care information.
- The medical staff will follow HIPPA's guidelines when discussing concerns about an inmate's health.
- If the public is not satisfied with medical staff's response about an inmate's healthcare, they may call the corporate office at 1-888-231-2888.